Search our Database

Search Database

What is an amended return, when is it necessary, and how do I go about filing one?

You should file an amended return (1040-X) if there are items on your tax return that were reported incorrectly. The items include:

• Your filing status
• Your total income
• Your deductions or credits

We do offer the preparation of the 1040-X (and state amendments) for those who have filed their original return with us, but an amended return cannot be e-filed. A 1040-X must be signed by the taxpayer and mailed to the IRS, and it must include a copy of the original 1040.

Generally, to claim a refund, you must file the 1040-X within three years of the date you filed your original return or within two years from the date you paid the tax, whichever is later.

To file an amended return on our site for a return that was already submitted and filed, simply log onto your status page and click to the "Additional" tab. From there you can follow the instructions to amend your return.


Free Live Chat & Email Support For Your Online Tax Return

We want to ensure that your tax refunds are done quickly and accurately. Log in to our tax refund application, and you'll see how easy it is to do taxes online with our system. We're ready to helping you get your federal refund or state tax refund. If you have any questions or concerns regarding your income tax refund, please e-mail us.

We're committed to helping people file taxes online, free from the usual hassle. Our dedication to helping get the highest federal tax refund has made us a recognized leader in tax refunds. We have many layers of support to make your tax refund experience easy.

  • You may also contact our LIVE HELP TEAM.
  • You must log in during our BUSINESS HOURS to take advantage of this:
  • Business Hours are between 10 AM and 5 PM EST M-F Excluding Holidays.