Search our Database

Search Database

Do I Need To File A Tax Return? (I am 65 years old, or older)

If you are over 65 years old, please consult the table below to determine if you must file an income tax return. Match your filing status to the tax return year you are filing. If your gross income for that tax year is above the amount shown, you must file a tax return.

If you would like to be guided through the process of determining whether you need to file, use this handy online tool from the IRS.

Tax Year: 2010 2009 2008 2007 2006 2005
Filing Status:
Single $10,750 $10,750 $10,300 $10,050 $9,700 $9,450
Head of Household $13,450 $13,400 $12,850 $12,550 $12,100 $11,750
Married Filing Jointly
(One Spouse Over 65)
$19,800 $19,800 $18,950 $18,550 $17,900 $17,400
Married Filing Separately
(Both Spouses Over 65)
$20,900 $20,900 $20,000 $19,600 $18,900 $18,400
Qualifying Widow or Widower
with Dependent Child
$16,150 $16,150 $15,450 $15,150 $14,600 $14,200


Free Live Chat & Email Support For Your Online Tax Return

We want to ensure that your tax refunds are done quickly and accurately. Log in to our tax refund application, and you'll see how easy it is to do taxes online with our system. We're ready to helping you get your federal refund or state tax refund. If you have any questions or concerns regarding your income tax refund, please e-mail us.

We're committed to helping people file taxes online, free from the usual hassle. Our dedication to helping get the highest federal tax refund has made us a recognized leader in tax refunds. We have many layers of support to make your tax refund experience easy.

  • You may also contact our LIVE HELP TEAM.
  • You must log in during our BUSINESS HOURS to take advantage of this:
  • Business Hours are between 10 AM and 5 PM EST M-F Excluding Holidays.