Search our Database

Search Database

Are there any special deductions for performing artists?

Performing artists can deduct job related expenses as an adjustment to income, opposed to an itemized deduction. For performing artists, there are some qualifications they must meet:

During the tax year, you perform services in the performing arts as an employee for at least two employers.

You receive at least $200 each from any two of these employers.

Your related performing-arts business expenses are more than 10% of your gross income from the performance of those services.

Your adjusted gross income is not more than $16,000 before deducting these business expenses.


Free Live Chat & Email Support For Your Online Tax Return

We want to ensure that your tax refunds are done quickly and accurately. Log in to our tax refund application, and you'll see how easy it is to do taxes online with our system. We're ready to helping you get your federal refund or state tax refund. If you have any questions or concerns regarding your income tax refund, please e-mail us.

We're committed to helping people file taxes online, free from the usual hassle. Our dedication to helping get the highest federal tax refund has made us a recognized leader in tax refunds. We have many layers of support to make your tax refund experience easy.

  • You may also contact our LIVE HELP TEAM.
  • You must log in during our BUSINESS HOURS to take advantage of this:
  • Business Hours are between 10 AM and 5 PM EST M-F Excluding Holidays.